Thursday, June 29, 2023 | 6:30 PM |
The Mediterranean diet is one of the world’s healthiest. And, it’s delicious - abundant in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legume, olive oil, and lean meats. Plus, red wine! Enjoy an evening learning how to prepare a four-course Mediterranean meal. Don’t forget the red wine - to boost the powerful and positive antioxidant properties of this meal even more.
What's on the Menu?
Mediterranean Pizza with Feta, Mozzarella, Spinach and Olive Oil
Chicken Shawarma with Onions, Tzatziki and Pita
Yellow Mediterranean Rice
Lemon/Olive Oil Layer Cake with Whipped Lemon Cream Frosting
What to Expect?
The class begins with some prep work followed by our chef leading the group through the recipes while leaving a little room for some laughs and socializing along the way.
What skills will be Covered?
Making pizza dough, rolling pizza dough, marinating meat, cutting vegetables, making a cake, making a frosting, making a dip, knife skills.
When will we Eat?
It takes time to make a great meal and in general it will take 2 to 2.5 hours for the food to be served.
Can we bring something to Drink?
Absolutely, our classes are BYOB!
*Please remember the more you drink, the less you'll learn...
What's your Cancellation Policy?
Cancellations must be made by calling us at 773-293-3190. Those who provide cancellation for a class one week (seven days) in advance will receive a full refund or store credit to apply the class cost to a future class. If you must cancel fewer than 7 days before the class, you will receive a store credit, less a $50 cancellation fee per ticket. This policy allows us to cover business operational costs and provide the best service possible for all customers.
The safety of our staff and guests are of the upmost importance to us. The following policies will be in place during COVID-19. • The coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread primarily from person-to-person contact.
• The Wooden Spoon “TWS” has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, TWS cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19 while on TWS premises.
• By registering for this class, you acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that you may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 while on TWS premises and that such exposure or infection may result in injury, illness, disability, or even death.
• You voluntarily agree to assume the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury, illness, disability, death, that you may experience as a result of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 while on TWS premises. Therefore, by registering for this class, you (individually and on behalf of your beneficiaries, assigns, heirs, and estate) release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless TWS and its employees, directors, attorneys, agents, insurers, and representatives, from any and all liabilities, claims, causes of action, damages, fees, costs, and expenses of any kind in respect of any such injury, illness, disability, or death that you may experience in the event that you become exposed to or infected by COVID-19 while on TWS premises.
• You certify that you will follow all City of Chicago Covid-19 guidance’s/policies.
• By registering for this class, you confirm that you have read, understand, and have voluntarily signed this Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to COVID-19.
Photo courtesy of Lyle Hastie