Your Cart Is Empty!
Wusthof Epicure 5-inch Serrated Utility Knife
• Blade features a translucent ceramic coating on the entire surface to increase hardness, enhance resistance to corrosion, and protect the blade's surface from scratches
• Dynamic and modern new blade shape is precision forged; tempered to 58 Rockwell Hardness
• 14° PEtec blade edge on each side with laser guided precision; 20% sharper lasting twice as long
• Handle design uses the same wood composite material found in Epicurean cutting boards
• Ergonomically crafted for optimum comfort, handle design is sculpted to reduce fatigue and looks beautiful in the kitchen
• Blades made in Solingen, Germany, handles made in USA; lifetime warranty
The Wusthof Epicure Serrated Utility Knife is ideal for cutting food that is too large for a paring knife and too small for a chef's knife, such as cucumbers or small pieces of meat. The serrations, make it easy to cut tomatoes and bagels. Wusthof Epicure precision forged, full-tang cutlery is specially crafted for the most discerning home cook. This unique line is a collaborative achievement between marketing and engineering teams based in the USA and Germany as well as industrial designer Bjorn Berger from Solingen, Germany. The Wusthof PEtec edge technology offers superior sharpness. The blade is measured before sharpening using lasers and computers calculate the precise sharpening angle. Precision robots sharpen the blade on a whetstone following a final polish using a special disc. The cutting edge produced by a knife using the PEtec process is extremely thin, this is what produces the exceptional sharpness. The benefits of the PEtec edge provide extremely high initial cutting performance with exceptionally long edge retention and long life of the blade. The quality of forged Wusthof knives produced using the PEtec process is significantly higher than that produced by the standard manual sharpening process.
Wusthof knives, a hallmark for chefs the world over!